EEGSS Activities and Services
- EEGSS maintains a common room in the basement of the McConnell building. This facility includes audio/visual capability, a microwave and lounging couches.
- EEGSS also provides and maintains a web page for its students.
- To read the EEGSS constitution, please click here.
- EEGSS council is currently working on the constitution and will bring a few changes to the current version. The final modifications have to be approved by the EEGSS members before being finalized. Please, let us know if you have any suggestions/comments about the current version of constitution and we will try to reflect them in our proposal.
EEGSS Lounge Rules
EEGSS owns a student lounge located in the basement of McConnell Engineering Building. Graduate students in Electrical and Computer Engineering can register at here and request the lounge access. The lounge has a 60-inch TV and a microwave wave. It also hosts the mails of graduate students, which have been sent to the department. Here are the list of rule for our graduate lunge:
- Keep this lounge neat and tidy.
- Liquids are to be disposed of in the sink and not in the bin.
- EEGSS members are allowed to access the lounge from Monday through Friday only from 9:00am to 9:00pm. The lounge will be off-limits to members during EEGSS Council meetings.
- Smoking and consumption of alcoholic beverages is strictly prohibited in the lounge.
- Switch off all electrical equipment (this includes the fans, lights, TV, projector and music system) after use.
- All guests must be accompanied by EEGSS members at all times. Do not leave non-members unattended in the lounge.
- Do not borrow any equipment from the lounge without prior permission from the VP Facilities.
- Clean the microwave after each use.
- Pick up your personal belongings when you leave the lounge. EEGSS is not responsible for lost or misplaced items in the lounge.
- Rearrange the chairs and couches back to their original positions after you are done using them.
- If you would like to use the lounge for events involving more than 10 people, you must obtain permission from the VP Facilities 3 days prior to the event.
- If you notice damaged or missing equipment, please notify the VP Facilities immediately.
- Failure to adhere to these rules may result in suspension of your lounge access.